Monday, August 29, 2016

Boulder and more.

I'll try to keep this brief, too. I have to check out of this hotel in the next 30 minutes and I haven't even gotten out of bed.

Yesterday I woke up early and went to a rock climbing gym. I didn't have any pants for it so I went to Target and got a nice pair there. There was a lady in the line I struck a conversation with. She seemed nice. Her face turned sour when I said I wasn't local nor had just moved here. Womp womp.

Rock climbing was fun. Their walls were weird. I could do some V2s on one wall but on the other couldn't do the V0. I think it had a lot to do with drinking last night. My hands just felt weird.

When I got out my newly-found single serving friends messaged me saying they're going hiking in Boulder. So I joined them. They're so fun! We took a ****-load of photos. Had many interesting conversations. Then we went down to Boulder and had lunch. This was my first time requesting an item not on the menu. I asked for a salmon burger with all veggies on it. It came out good. Yum-yum! Then my friends (Carly and Christine) took me back to Denver. They headed on to a concert and I drove into the depths of Colorado for a pre-wedding get-together.

The drive was gorgeous. And when I got here (I'm still roughly in the same hood) I realized how cold it was. But it feels awesome! I pretty much didn't know anyone but the groom, but he showed me around. I met some cool people. Lots of drunk post-Soviets. Ha. Fun times. They kept saying that it's easy to get drunk at high altitude. Well I wasn't so lucky. I had to keep drinking to feel something. And after I got back to the hotel I just felt sick, not drunk. Funny how that works.

Things to note: I was in a hot-tub in my underwear! Hell yeah! I was the last one out, too. I'm awesome like that. :P And I saw my first wild bear. He was crossing the street on my way back to the hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment