Thursday, June 2, 2016

Looking for AirBnb

So I'm going to Canada soon and I'm looking for a place to stay. I've looked before and the prices seemed affordable but I was really hoping to find someone to stay with through a dating site instead. Well that didn't pan out. In fact the reply rate for that was much lower than normal messaging. So with only a couple weeks left I have no choice but to get a room. I don't need an apartment so a private room should do. I'm looking for something under $100/day and it's tough. My trip touches nights on the weekend and it leaves me with only two choices. One of them rejected me this morning. Hm. I don't see another reason but that I'm a guy. It's a woman host. The timing is somewhat odd because I was just listening to a podcast on discrimination on AirBnb. But that one was for being black. Well ladies and gentlemen: men get discriminated against just as much as Blacks.... and before someone checks my privilege, check it on a university campus. 

Aside from that, yesterday was another anti-social day. Woke up. Went to work. Worked really hard because I only have two days a week when I can do that. Came home. Played NeverWinter. Watched Game of Thrones with Alina. Chris couldn't join because he had too much work to do. Then spent the rest of the evening messing on eHarmony and AirBnb.

No comments:

Post a Comment