Monday, June 13, 2016

Travel.

Hey diary.

I'm not dead. I've forgotten that you exist. I'm still sad, but less so for the last few days.

Summary:
 - Friday went to have a drink with Alex
 - Saturday went to Singles Mixer
 - Sunday to a birthday, then beach, and then went on a date
 - Monday flew to Toronto

It was Tuesday that Katie at Tempest was telling me how to throw front-fulls off the trampoline into the foam pit. It was so much fun. I even did a double. But people quickly told me that I'm pulling too early and going off axis. So I'm back to doing just 360. But it looks better, or so I hear.

So then on Thursday I played with them some more. It was awesome. They don't hurt and they're a new fun thing I can kind-of do and work on improving. That's what Tempest is supposed to be about!

The whole week at work I was participating in a fix-it. A competition to do most things to boost engineering productivity. I got #8. I think I get some toy or something like that for it. Or maybe a coupe of months of Youtube Red. He-he.

Friday I was trying to get Alan or Ethan (intern) to go see X-Men. But they refused. So I worked until 21:30 then went to Basement Tavern where they were supposed to have live music already. Well, I was wrong. I had a gross beer and waited until 22:30 for the music to start. All that just to find out that it was karaoke night and the band sucked. So I left. I think that was Friday. I might be confusing my days. Either way, I know that Friday night I ended up at Snake Pit (bar in West Hollywood) with Alex L. I had a drink. We laughed over nothing. Then I went home.

Saturday I didn't get to sleep in. I woke up early to let the maids in. Yay maids. Two short old guys. Hehe. I wonder if they also do the "topless maid" thing. But, they scrubbed the bathrooms and the kitchen for a couple hours. I spaced out after that and went to Tempest. I had one goal at the gym: do the front-fulls 20 more times and I succeeded! I figure this puts me at 40 attempts already. Another 60 and I'll start throwing it onto a mat. Later that evening I went to the single's mixer. The same one I always go to at 3110 Main. This one was a little less lame than the previous, but the ratio was still 4:1. There were 40 guys and 11 girls. I decided pre-game this time and had a drink at work first. I ended up having another drink at the event anyway. Too boring otherwise. The games this time weren't as much fun, but I think I did decently well. There were some nice people there. I don't mean to brag, but I got two callbacks the next day. That's a first. :P

... Getting of the train. Will continue when I get to my AirBnb.

... Woah and now it's almost 02:00 and the day is over. I'll have to pick this up later.

No comments:

Post a Comment