Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Date night

Somehow it's Tuesday. Yesterday was spent working and then watching anime. Good relaxation day. Played in well for today's soccer.

Today however, I had a date. Her name was Haley. What a beautiful name. And she was stunning in her photos. I was almost wondering what made her consider going out with me. Maybe she's got issues. That was my running theory anyway. When I met her, I realized it was something else entirely. She's too busy. Working without a sense of direction... and her body...well...reflected that. The photos looked to be 5 years old. She looked 23 in the photos and 30 in real life. I know that math doesn't add up. It's an exaggeration.

That being said it was another case of my knowing it wasn't going anywhere before she even sat down. Oh well. I made the best of it. I even walked away with a lesson. Some feminists who are actually for equality get offended when you bring up radical feminists. Which I'm still not sure don't make up the majority of feminists, but that's besides the point. I'd very much like to not push away potentially suitable candidates, so this was good to know.

So a couple drinks and a lot of food later I walked away. She had the amazing insight of picking a place right next to Antonio's where Alex L and I frequent. As luck would have it, and since I told him I would be there, that's where L was. I went straight there after the meet-and-greet. Another drink a lot of Japan-talk later I somehow ended up with a phone number of a women who wanted me to take her out on a date next week. Bobbi said if I pay for her dinner she'll give me some pointers. Well, I've got nothing to lose and she was closer to what I'm looking for than either L or bartender (Manny) did. So... I guess next week I'll see Bobbi? I'm not even sure how to spell her name. The whole thing feels weird. Maybe it's about time. At least she's sufficiently older than me that I consider that she's got enough life experience to rival mine.

That's all the interesting bits and it's after midnight. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment