Friday, April 8, 2016

Entry 2016-04-08

Dear diary:

Yesterday was somewhat eventful day in a sense that I got big news that will shape things at work for the next couple of years. The powers above have decided to dissolve my team and instructed us to find new teams. To me that came as a surprise. For the past few months we were told that they would find us a new project to work on once we finished the one we're currently working on. And now... now I find myself e-mailing anyone I know to see if they have an opening on their team. That means in addition to finding a partner in life I also need to find them at work. Matchmaking at work! FML.

It rained yesterday. It wasn't too bad but enough for nobody to want to go to the gym. I went. I also do on Thursdays. Josh doesn't go anymore. But Liz told me she will start coming every Thursday. I was kind of looking forward to seeing her. I wanted to let her know that I finally remembered her name! But, she wasn't there. Neither was anyone else. It was very empty. Which is good for trying thing, which I did. I had all the trampolines to myself. I did weights, too. Stuck to lower weights though. Don't want to get injured before my snowboarding trip. On the way out I talked to Natalia for like an hour. Just ranted about work. She did too. She reminded me of how bad it can be. I should be thankful that no matter what I won't be hating coming in to work. I hope.

Speaking of the snowboarding trip. I still really want to go. But the logistics of it are stressing me out. Late night flights. Midnight drives. Four (4) hour sleep cycles. It's going to be a mess. I wish Dwight had more time for vacation. Personally I would have loved to take today off. Maybe yesterday, too. Just have a dramatic meeting where they dissolved our team and then take off for the slopes. "Yeah, dude!"

On a personal note. I'm finding it hard to "adult" recently. Yesterday I had to resubmit my state taxes because the IRS didn't like some 1099-B that was filled out. In the process of fixing it I realized that I had missed my real estate taxes on deductions section. So now I have to file 1040X (Amendment to return). Sounds simple... but the forms are so daunting. I ate a whole thing of pasta last night to give myself the boost I needed to get started. I almost went for the bottle... but it wasn't chilled, so maybe for another day.

I went to bed around 2am and noticed that someone on OkCupid (OkC from now on) had messaged me. Their opening line was "Sorry!". Hm. That's a new one. I think she meant "Sorry for the delayed response". But I always presumed that if someone messages me weeks later it's because they were drowning in messages or had other things to deal with. Which is fine. I understand that people can be busy. I'm busy too, these days. But I've long realized that I don't want to have anything to do with with people who are too busy for me. This going to sound selfish, but it's good advice: if I'm not a priority for someone, they fall on the back burner... waaaaay back burner.

I miss writing. Keeping a diary has always kept things organized. It's also lead to a lot of drama when it comes to keeping it public. And as an advocate against privacy, this is something I can do to show an example that most things can be kept public. I hope I can keep this up. And I hope that it doesn't cause too much drama down the line as my friends and family start reading these.

No comments:

Post a Comment