Sunday, April 17, 2016

Kyoto

Dear diary:

Yesterday we got to Kyoto. We have an apartment that takes up the whole floor. It's got a balcony on the inside and a balcony on the outside. The view is nice too since it's on the 6th floor. It was already dark so we just walked down to a temple and took photos there. There were bats everywhere! Na-na-na-na-na BATMAN!

Then we walked to the Kyoto tower. I went up to the observation deck. The rest of the gang went to the lounge to drink instead. I didn't feel like drinking again so I just walked around after and went home. Or, should I say I ran home. I remembered what my PT guy said about getting light exercise to get some blood flow to sore muscles. It was just over a mile and with some breaks and through mild pain I made it back. Woo.

I slept on a bamboo floor on traditional Japanese mats under a silk blanket. Best. Sleep. Ever. I woke up after 6am though so the sun was already up. But it was huge and I have a balcony facing East. I miss that so much.

I dressed up today. New pants, clear collared shirt, clean shaven and not wearing glasses. I don't want anything obstructing my viewing pleasure.

I thin the gang wants to go now.

No comments:

Post a Comment