Thursday, April 28, 2016

I'm sorry dinner.

Yesterday was black and white day. Or I should I saw it was a gray day.

I woke up early because Pam was trying to get my attention. She got some, but then I felt like I needed more sleep so I didn't get to go to work as early as I'd hoped. I knew I'd have to leave early because I was meeting Sasha.

Work went well. But I wasn't terribly productive because I kept meeting with team leads from other teams to discuss transfer opportunities. The more I learn, the more confused I get about what I want. I did find out though that I need to stay on my team until we go to Vegas. Otherwise I can't go and I want to dammit!

I left work at 16:45 to meet Sasha at UCLA. She's a post-doc there with a funky visa status. Fresh from Italy, but originally she's from Russia. Interesting person. She talked a lot. She's got Russian values. I liked it and not so much at the same time. Thinking rationally though, none of the unexpected things touch me personally.

I didn't have a lot of time with her because I had a dinner to go to. We managed to go to the beach. But it was before sunset and the windows were terribly strong. We left as soon as we came. Got some tea and cake at Urth Cafe. Good place. Yes, expensive. But, it's worth it. We had a good chat, but she's leaving for Italy in a few days. She said I was welcome to go there. I told her she can call me when she gets back. :)

Then I rushed my ass over to Sherman Oaks to see Anna. I owed her dinner for missing her call on my birthday. She didn't get into my b-day party because I dropped the ball on checking on my phone. So, I owed her. She invited her boyfriend. Not the nicest person in the world... but we don't choose our friends' partners. But.. she also invited Victoria... who's been trying to hook me up with for a while and I just keep telling her I'm not interested. Like really not interested. But, Anna kept asking if she can invite her. And this isn't the dinner where I was going to dictate the rules.

We had a good time. We talked about Japan and girls and condos. No controversial talk. Good stuff. Me... Lev (Anna's boyfriend) and Anna that is. Victoria didn't say anything humorous the entire evening. It's kind of unsettling. But... I already told you I don't like her so I digress.

Something weird kept happening because Lev and Anna kept acting oddly violent. They were strangling each other, pretend-hitting each other. Pulling each other by the collar. Yeah. I made a sex joke. Duh. Then Lev said that I'm too forward and super-ego something-something. I think he was saying he wasn't having this kind of talk. I was a little put back. Did he really think he could act the way he did and didn't expect to be made a little uncomfortable? I don't know. I'd love to hear something from him aside from how hard his job is and how he invests money. I don't know what Anna sees in him. It's definitely not manners.

So the dinner was soiled. But I met Sasha who's a cool person.

No comments:

Post a Comment